The Chenango-Delaware-Otsego Workforce Investment Board coordinates and focuses employment, training and education development resources across three counties, providing service to employed people, unemployed people and employers alike. Our goal is to improve the long-term growth and development of the work force.
We were created through the Workforce Investment Act to provide critical services for businesses and job seekers alike:
- Recruit employees.
- Find grants and train workers.
- Strengthen your work force.
- Access labor market information.
- Create custom employment solutions.
For both employed and unemployed, we:
- Maintain one-stop career centers to provide many services in one convenient location.
- Help with job-search tasks, including resumes, search strategies and career planning.
- Help access training grants, education and other ways to improve skills.
We were created through the federal Workforce Investment Act to:
- Oversee the local workforce investment system.
- Develop a strategic local plan.
- Designate the one-stop operators.
- Support career pipeline development programs with schools, colleges and community leaders.
- Certify eligible providers of youth, training, and intensive services.
- Negotiate and establish local performance measures and goals.
- Evaluate and improve performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.