Better workers and better facilities deliver more value, but the initial capital investment can be off-putting. CDO Workforce Career System can help.
We maintain a network of sources for grants and training to help you invest in your own growth.
(OJT) Program provides companies with an incentive to hire, train, and upgrade individuals who may lack the skills and/or experience for a particular job.
CDO’s program has written grants for assemblers, machine operators, computer technicians, welders, insurance technicians and other professions.
- On-the-Job Training is appropriate for occupations where classroom training is not available or not appropriate and for which specific job skills can be learned while engaged in productive work.
- On-the-Job Training should result in productive long-term employment.
- Companies are reimbursed half of the total wages paid to the trainee during a normal work period.
- The trainee’s skill gap will determine the length of training and the amount of reimbursement.
- OJT funding requires a signed contract prior to the start of the individual’s employment.
Other Training Resources
CDO Workforce also provides:
- Work readiness training
- Reading and math skills
- English as a Second Language programs